About Me

My photo
I believe a bio should be about the essence of your being and not what you have done or about what you are about to do. I am a multi-tasker as if that were a proper verb. At any given time I am reading several books at the same time and I tend to fill my plate with so many projects that it astounds me when I list them. About a decade ago I had a psychologist tell me I was the worst kind of bipolar. What? Had I misbehaved? “No,” she said. Rather than being manic-depressive, I am manic-manic which is apparently difficult to treat because I like it. As you might surmise, I am always a bit manic, but, I assure you, I can be uncontrollably manic. I can be difficult. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am high maintenance. Thank God my wife is so tolerant and strong. If it were not for her, I would not be here. And so I write. I write everything.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday August 22nd 2010 - Freelance

I signed up with freelance.com and I'm overwhelmed with bids on jobs. I get like 100 jobs to bid on each day, but most of them are unrealistic or way to cheap. Many of them offer $1 for 500 words. I can't make a living doing that. I think I must be competing against people from other countries that have a much lower cost of living than I do. I'll keep on biding, but only on the jobs I really want and the ones that really need my expertise.

Many of the jobs are for writing freelance articles including Ezine. I already have expert status with Ezine so I'll just be submitting my own articles. The articles only have to be 500 words so I can knock them out one a day or five a week. I also need to be submitting posts daily to this blog and my obesity blog [http://lose250.blogspot.com] . In addition, I need to make progress on the book. I need to write between 3,000 to 5,000 words a day. 500 on the weekends.

I also need to complete more paintings. I can sell those for $300 to $500 each unless I go through my gallery and then they double, but I get paid 50%. Unfortunately that's the normal split in NYC. I've posted some of my new paintings on paulsharits.com/about_chris.htm . I also have about 200 photos to sort through to make a new portfolio. Gee. I have a lot to do. I need to go. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment