About Me

My photo
I believe a bio should be about the essence of your being and not what you have done or about what you are about to do. I am a multi-tasker as if that were a proper verb. At any given time I am reading several books at the same time and I tend to fill my plate with so many projects that it astounds me when I list them. About a decade ago I had a psychologist tell me I was the worst kind of bipolar. What? Had I misbehaved? “No,” she said. Rather than being manic-depressive, I am manic-manic which is apparently difficult to treat because I like it. As you might surmise, I am always a bit manic, but, I assure you, I can be uncontrollably manic. I can be difficult. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am high maintenance. Thank God my wife is so tolerant and strong. If it were not for her, I would not be here. And so I write. I write everything.

Friday, November 8, 2019

I'm back

In brief...
I haven't been on this blog for years, but here is the weight battle. By 2013 I had gained all my weight back plus some. The lapband had become ineffective because I overate and stretched the upper pouch? I don't know. Anyway, in January 2013 I was hospitalized for almost a month for an infection. I had lost about 20 pounds while in the hospital so I built on that and set out to lose the weight for good.
I simply applied the portion size I had learned from the lapband and lost 170 pounds in a year. I have gained back about 40 of those pounds but I have kept them off for years. I am now working on it again. I have been losing a modest 5 pounds a month, but it's adding up.
I'll be seeing a plastic surgeon in December about the sagging loose skin. That right there should be an additional 20 pounds off. It is both for physical appearance and resistance to fungal breakouts. I'll update the blog after my appointment. Thanks for all the traffic. I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment