About Me

My photo
I believe a bio should be about the essence of your being and not what you have done or about what you are about to do. I am a multi-tasker as if that were a proper verb. At any given time I am reading several books at the same time and I tend to fill my plate with so many projects that it astounds me when I list them. About a decade ago I had a psychologist tell me I was the worst kind of bipolar. What? Had I misbehaved? “No,” she said. Rather than being manic-depressive, I am manic-manic which is apparently difficult to treat because I like it. As you might surmise, I am always a bit manic, but, I assure you, I can be uncontrollably manic. I can be difficult. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am high maintenance. Thank God my wife is so tolerant and strong. If it were not for her, I would not be here. And so I write. I write everything.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday September 24th 2010 - West Metro Open House news article

 Examiner.com article

West Metro Fire Training Center’s 2nd Annual Open House on October 2nd


The West Metro Fire Training Center in Lakewood, off of highway 285 and Kipling, is having their second annual open house on Saturday October 2nd between 10am and 2pm. There will be hot dogs al a carte for $1 and a $3 lunch with hot dog, chips, and drink. All of the proceeds will go to West Metro’s educational programs.
They will be giving tours of the adjoining fire station #10 and the training center including their online learning and video conferencing capabilities. In addition, they will hold a family education class; demonstrate a commercial burn on the site’s six-story tower; and a rock climb on their brand new climbing wall.
Last year’s open house was held on October 10th in foul winter weather, but they still had between 2,000 to 3,000 guests. Lakewood resident Cheri Sharits said, “It was cold. It was packed. And totally cool.” The forecast for this year’s open house is sunny and 75 degrees.
West Metro Community Outreach Director, Cindy Matthews, said, “We want the public to know how thankful we are for the bonds that paid for this state-of-the-art facility.” In 2007, voters approved a $43 million dollar bond issue that financed the training center and five new fire stations as well as needed repairs at other stations.
Regarding this year’s open house, Matthews added, “The weather will be nice and we are looking forward to a crowd.” Come out and share the day with our firefighters. After all, everyone wants to be a fireman.

No comments:

Post a Comment