About Me

My photo
I believe a bio should be about the essence of your being and not what you have done or about what you are about to do. I am a multi-tasker as if that were a proper verb. At any given time I am reading several books at the same time and I tend to fill my plate with so many projects that it astounds me when I list them. About a decade ago I had a psychologist tell me I was the worst kind of bipolar. What? Had I misbehaved? “No,” she said. Rather than being manic-depressive, I am manic-manic which is apparently difficult to treat because I like it. As you might surmise, I am always a bit manic, but, I assure you, I can be uncontrollably manic. I can be difficult. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am high maintenance. Thank God my wife is so tolerant and strong. If it were not for her, I would not be here. And so I write. I write everything.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday September 20th, 2010 - Governor article published today


Getting to know Colorado’s 2010 front running gubernatorial candidates online


On Tuesday November 2nd 2010, Coloradoans will choose a new state governor. Our state economy is hurting. We are hurting. We need jobs and we need them now. We need to take the lead in responsible energy creation and we need to fix our ailing public school system.
This may just be the most important vote in Colorado’s history. We have three motivated and determined candidates in John HickenlooperDan Maes, and Tom Tancredo. Each purports to have the answers. We hear them on TV; we hear them in the news, but are 30 second sound bites really enough?
Fortunately, today we have the Internet and each of these fine candidates have provided us with thorough and transparent websites. Each of the sites provides easy links to their vision, their qualifications, and their biographies.
You can glean little pieces of their vision and so forth from their commercials, but their websites offer so much more. The voters can read, in detail, their positions on the issues, press releases, news, endorsements, event schedules, and ways to contact the campaign. Each of the sites provides a prominent link to contribute to their campaigns as well as the various ways to volunteer.
Today’s campaign websites have reached a new level of online evolution; the dawn of the social networks. Each of the candidates has been thrust into the virtual worlds of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
As if it wasn’t enough to know about their issues and visions, now we need to know where they are and what they are doing at any given moment. We need to know what they are thinking in 140 characters or less.
Their websites:

No comments:

Post a Comment