About Me

My photo
I believe a bio should be about the essence of your being and not what you have done or about what you are about to do. I am a multi-tasker as if that were a proper verb. At any given time I am reading several books at the same time and I tend to fill my plate with so many projects that it astounds me when I list them. About a decade ago I had a psychologist tell me I was the worst kind of bipolar. What? Had I misbehaved? “No,” she said. Rather than being manic-depressive, I am manic-manic which is apparently difficult to treat because I like it. As you might surmise, I am always a bit manic, but, I assure you, I can be uncontrollably manic. I can be difficult. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I am high maintenance. Thank God my wife is so tolerant and strong. If it were not for her, I would not be here. And so I write. I write everything.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday September 13th, 2010 - Writing my butt off

Today's second article was about Christian online curriculum.  http://www.examiner.com/online-learning-in-denver/colorado-christian-university-offers-student-s-online-faith-based-curriculum Tomorrow I'll complete an article on online simulator training and something else. Maybe online learning for senior citzens. Yup, that will do just fine.



Colorado Christian University offers student's online faith based curriculum

  • September 13th, 2010 5:19 pm MT
Faith based education still adheres to Biblical doctrine
Photo: sxc.hu
Lakewood based Colorado Christian University (CCU) strives to provide students with flexible and personalized curriculum which includes 29 online accredited bachelor and graduate programs. Their online programs facilitate enrollment from on-campus students as well as students from around the world like those serving in the military, out on missions, or simply from anyplace off-campus.
Most contemporary Christian schools are far more than an extension of Sunday school. They serve to prepare graduates for the real world. Borrowing a phrase from the Chronicles of Narnia, most Christian schools exist not to shelter; rather, they strive to be “not safe, but good.”
Online Christian institutions of higher learning are designed to work around the busy schedules we all face these days. Online higher education programs are not merely interactive self-paced animations. Much like CCU’s programs, online students read real books, write real essays, share documents, participate in online group chat discussions and work on team projects. 
It is far more interactive and structured than one would think. Online student’s face real accredited courses that rival and even exceed the workload requirements for in-classroom learning. 
Secular online courses do differ from Christian courses in the text that spirituality and faith are intertwined with the same core classes as traditional schools. 
As stated in CCU’s greeting from Bill Armstrong, the distinguished university president, their mission is “to cultivate knowledge and love of God in a Christ-centered community of learners.” 
Colorado Christian University’s online programs enable students to accelerate their faith based studies either within the campus environment or without ever setting foot on the campus. 
Hey! Visit my sponsors!

No comments:

Post a Comment